Tuesday, January 13, 2009

De-worming

Sounds gross, but it is necessary.

I gave the puppies some de-wormer today... what an adventure. You have to wait till they are hungry so they will eat. Well they are always hungry so no problem right?!? After letting them holler for as long as I could stand it I thought they were hungry enough to do it.

1st one up was Smokey, I put the amount on some food just like the lady at IFA told me too, well apparently he didn't like that I tainted his food.

Plan B: squirt it in their mouths like the vet does and let them eat like usual when I am done.

Success!

Trickiest part was keep track of who had the medicine already. I had a helper tho! My 2 year old was so much of a help I can't even begin to put it into words, especially after 3 hours of sleep this morning because I worked last night!

Next Week: 1st shots, that should be equally entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment